Children’s Sermon Video from GSFFAM Group
Good Shepherd Fellowship Forever Abilities Matter group is pleased to present a puppet skit for you to use during your children’s sermon time on Sunday, June 21st, or to share on your social media channels! It was written by Pr. Josh Brecht and recorded on Zoom. FAM hopes you enjoy the video! FAM would like to thank Paul Dreher for being puppet-master extraordinaire!
Forever Abilities Matter is a ministry for young adults with special needs/disabilities, bringing them together for fellowship, arts/crafts, worship and puppet ministry. All are invited to join! Please contact Adam Reis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details about the group.
You can access the video on the EMC’s Youtube channel at https://youtu.be/FOgT0bve5so.
Resources for Congregations During the COVID-19 Crisis
- The Central States Synod (CSS) website (link: https://www.css-elca.
org/covid19) has a comprehensive list of resources. The page has links for congregational planning, for online worship planning and COVID-19 information.
- CSS also offers a daily prayer pause at 1 p.m. on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
- CSS is offering an online Sunday morning worship service, led Bishop Candea and Bishop’s Associate Dave Whetter. The service will be posted on the synod website. If your congregation is not able to livestream a worship service or provide a video link to a sermon or worship experience by your pastor, simply click on the synod website and worship from your own home.
- TechSoup offers a discount for Zoom for nonprofits: https://www.
- Illustrated Ministries is offering free faith formation resources for churches during this time. Click here to go to their page. One resource that might be fun for this coming Sunday is a download for a palm branch that can be colored and cut out to use during online worship. Click here for that.
- ELCA churchwide offers a document explaining the benefits of the CARES Act for religious organizations. Click here for that.